PHI 208 Week 5 Final Exam (Set 3)
1. Tom Regan argues that animal rights
2. According to Glaucon, justice is based on
3. The point of the story of Gyges is that we are all
4. Which of the following does Tom Regan say about the utilitarian approach to animal ethics?
5. How does Tom Regan begin his presentation?
6. Reason is a faculty that we have that:
7. What does Peter Singer say about the history of liberation movements?
8. Jeremy Waldron argues that the current use of drone warfare is unethical because it is conducted
9. The conventional doctrine is endorsed by:
10. Tom Regan’s view of animals is that
11. What do animal rights say about helping humans
12. Rachels concludes that:
13. According to DeGeorge, whistleblowing is morally permissible when the following condition(s) is/are met:
14. If the Ring of Gyges really existed
15. This Disney film includes racial stereotypes of Native Americans
16. What is it that is wrong about eating factory farmed meat?
17. How are suppliers negatively affected?
18. Kant claims that the moral law is given to each person by:
19. Why do some social theorists claim that we should stop asking the question, “Why do women stay in abusive relationships?”
20. According to Foot, the violation of a negative duty involves:
21. The philosopher John Stuart Mill recognized the following as a potential problem for utilitarianism
22. What is the Kantian (deontological) criticism that Lop raises against DeGeorge’s position?
23. According to Held, the following have been aligned with femininity in the history of Western thought
24. Which of the following would be an idea shared both by the teacher (Kevin Kline) from the clip ofThe Emperor’s Club, and by either MacIntyre or Aristotle (or both)?
25. Richard Epstein claims which of the following about treatment of people in medical facilities
26. Why is it hard for physicians to understand palliative care?
27. In which country in the videos is it legal to commit assisted suicide?
28. Which of these might be considered virtuous behavior on the part of Phil Connors (Bill Murray), according to accounts like Aristotle’s and MacIntyre’s?
29. Noddings claims that care ethics does which of the following
30. According to the video “Meet Your Meat”, which of the following is not true of how animals are slaughtered on factory farms
31. On what basis should be care about how an individual is treated?
32. Milton Friedman’s main point is not to argue against socially responsible goals but:
33. In the video, “Drones are Ethical and Effective,” Kenneth Anderson states that drones are different from other weapon systems because
34. What is the explanation of the standard view on whistleblowing presented by Sissela Bok and reported by Robert Larmer in his article?
35. In Held’s article, a thinker named Annette Baier claims that the history of Western ethical thought does not take into account feminine aspects because
36. Which of the following does Peter Singer assert about the principle of equality?
37. Held claims that this abstract concept has guided the development of Western ethics
38. In the video “Drones Are Not Ethical and Effective,” Jeremy Waldron argues that drones are not ethical because their use involves
39. In 2003, how many people died in Canada?
40. Which of the following does not describe how egg-laying hens are treated in factory farms?
41. Foot claims that in the Rescue cases:
42. If Midgley is correct, moral scepticism
43. In the Rescue I case, Foot claims that:
44. Which of the skills that Phil Connors (Bill Murray) learns in the course of his time in the Groundhog Day loop would be considered a “practice” according to MacIntyre’s account?
45. Which of these theories best describes the transformation of Phil Connors (Bill Murray) by the end of Groundhog Day?
46. R.B. Brandt argues that a rule of war can be morally justified
47. Aristotle states that if we ask what the highest good of human action is:
48. Which of the following makes it difficult to calculate the utility of an act
49. La Shawn Barber claims that a leader should
50. What is the point of Regan’s discussion about Aunt Bea and utilitarianism’s respect for human life?