MIS 589 All Quizzes (Week 1, 2, 3, 7)
MIS 589 Week 1 Quiz
1. (TCO A) This layer is responsible for translating electrical pulses into data.
2. (TCO A) A(n) _____ is a set of rules that determine what a layer would do and provides a clearly defined set of messages that software at the layer needs to understand.
3. (TCO A) Cables and wireless transmissions are also known as ____.
4. (TCO A) Today we have access to the broadband Internet access from home appliances, televisions, mobile phones, MP3 players, cars, computers, phones and many other devices. This is an example of the coming existence of _____.
5. (TCO A) Which standards body is responsible for the development of local area network (LAN) standards?
6. (TCO B) You have five physical computers in available to you. Your organization has started a project that requires 10 different servers to meet all requirements. You have no additional funding to purchase new servers. Using ____ technology is the best option you have.
7. (TCO B) The company vice president has just received an email from an associate with claims that 50,000 dollars needs to be wired to a location in Eastern Europe. You want to confirm that this email is indeed from the associate by identifying the message ID and From address. What portion of the SMTP packet would you examine?
8. (TCO B) There are required and optional parts of an HTTP response. They are:
9. (TCO B) The Cisco Telepresense system has grown in use over the past years and is a type of ____.
10. (TCO B) Which application architecture is known for having the lowest cost of infrastructure?
1. (TCO B) A(n) _____circuit is another name for a multipoint configuration.
2. (TCO B) The technology director has decided that a host based application architecture based on mainframes is best for the payroll application. As the network engineer you need to decide which type of transmission is best and want to keep things as simple as possible. Select the transmission type that is ideally suited for this situation.
3. (TCO B) The Chief Information Officer has put you in charge of building the network. The CIO has informed you that cost are a factor in building the network. Security is not a concern and the CIO would like moderate speed. What type of media would you consider to build this network using to meet the CIO’s needs?
4. (TCO B) Which is true regarding parallel transmission mode?
5. (TCO B) With respect to converting digital data into analog signals, AM stands for:
6. (TCO C) A member of upper management has just informed you that an office space needs to accommodate seven new networked computers. In this office space you have one network cable that runs back to the main network distribution point. You want to get the seven new computers running as soon as possible. What is the fasted method of getting them connected to the network?
7. (TCO C) The storage capacity of your servers is quickly being exhausted. Organizational leadership has given you as much funding as you need to establish a long term solution to this problem. Which is the best option below to address this storage space problem from a long term perspective?
8. (TCO C) Why do Switched Ethernet networks improve network performance?
9. (TCO C) Which is true about a network hub?
10. (TCO C) Which technology do most organizations today employ?
11. (TCO B) A(n) ______ circuit is another name for a multipoint configuration. (Points : 4)
12. (TCO B) The type of media usually installed on homes and businesses by the telephone company is called _____. (Points : 4)
13. (TCO B) The Chief Information Officer has put you in charge of building the network. The CIO has informed you that cost are a factor in building the network. Security is not a concern and the CIO would like moderate speed. What type of media would you consider to build this network using to meet the CIO’s needs? (Points : 4)
14. (TCO B) Which is true regarding parallel transmission mode? (Points : 4)
15. (TCO B) With respect to converting digital data into analog signals, AM stands for: (Points : 4)
16. (TCO C) You are the network engineer for XYZ hospital. Your supervisor has asked you to connect the MRI machine to the network via the network interface card built into the machine. You have been informed that you need to purchase the most cost effective cable available to perform this installation and gigabyte speed is necessary. What would be your best option given the scenario? (Points : 4)
17. (TCO C) Microsoft Windows Active Directory is an example of a: (Points : 4)
18. (TCO C) Network bottlenecks typically reside in what two places? (Points : 4)
19. (TCO C) The basic layout of a network is called the _____. (Points : 4)
20. (TCO C) Which of the following should not be considered when installing cables or performing maintenance? (Points : 4)
1. (TCO B) Which of the following is true with respect to the data link layer?
2. (TCO B) You are working to resolve a problem with communication to an office in your building. The Sr. Network Engineer asks you to go get a mini-switch or repeater so that the source of the error can be resolved. What was the likely source of this error?
3. (TCO B) This error checking scheme adds 8, 16, 24, or 32 bits to the message.
4. (TCO B) This type of transmission is typically used on a point-to-point full-duplex circuits.
5. (TCO B) Your new position requires that you maintain a Token Ring network that includes several IBM mainframes. What type of access control would this network most likely use?
6. (TCO B) You are working with a co-worker over the phone to connect a router at your location in New York to their network in San Francisco. After hours of troubleshooting the WAN protocol configured on the routers you find that the root of the problem is that he has a Cisco router and you have a Nortel router. Which WAN protocol are you most likely configuring in this scenario?
7. (TCO B) ____ is not a function of a data link protocol.
8. (TCO B) The key to selecting the best access control technique is to _______.
9. (TCO B) In general, controlled approaches:
10. (TCO B) With contention:
MIS 589 Week 7 Quiz
1. (TCO E) _____ controls stop a person from acting.
2. (TCO E) A _____ is a situation in which a hacker attempts to disrupt the network by sending messages to the network that prevent normal users’ messages from being processed.
3. (TCO E) Your organization has decided to host a web server that will be accessible by the public. Organizational leadership is concerned about the web server being compromised and thus allowing the remaining network to be compromised. You want to come up with a solution to host the secure the web server internally, but still protect your network. What should you do?
4. (TCO F) The traditional network design approach does not work well for ____ networks.
5. (TCO F) Which of the following would not be a type of circuit that needs to be considered when planning for technology design capacity?
6. (TCO F) Which of the following are not costs that are generally considered during the cost assessment stage of the network design process?
7. (TCO G) ____ refers to keeping track of the operation of network circuits to make sure they are working properly.
8. (TCO G) _____ is a simple method that can help identify computers/devices or communication circuits that have higher-than-average error or usage rates.
9. (TCO G) A _____ is an organizational department that is responsible for monitoring and fixing overall network problems.
10. (TCO G) Service Level Agreements (SLA) are significant for what reason?