COMP 230 Final Exam
Final Exam: Page 1
- (TCO 2) What is an example of a string constant?
- (TCO 2) What is the assignment operator?
- (TCO 2) The symbols used to describe the logic of a program are known as _____.
- (TCO 2) If a variable holds the value 12345, what is its data type?
- (TCO 3) The logical AND operator can replace ____ in how it behaves.
- (TCO 3) Which pseudo code produces the same result as the following? if customer Age > 65 OR customer Age = 65 then discount = 0.10 else discount = 0 end if
- (TCO 3) What logic operator could be used to replace the nested selection structure in this pseudo code?
- (TCO 3) In order to have the most efficient program, which question should be asked first when working with an AND decision?
- (TCO 3) If you are asked to write a program that prints a list of books that have fewer than 30 pages and more than 100 pages, what type of decision structure would you use?
- (TCO 3) A ______ represents only one of two states, usually expressed as true or false.
- (TCO 4) How many times will the following loop execute?
- (TCO 4) Array subscripts are always ____.
- (TCO 4) When a loop-control variable is not altered during loop execution, a(n) _____ loop may result.
- (TCO 4) A loop-control variable that is incremented a specific number of times is known as a(n)_
- (TCO 4) A countdown loop operates by the loop-control variable _____.
- (TCO 4) All of the elements in an array have the same ____.
Final Exam: Page 2
- (TCO 1) Which of the following Windows commands will shut down and restart the computer FileServer in 2 minutes?
- (TCO 1) The NETSH command that will set the IP address of the interface name NIC to a DHCP-supplied IP address is _____.
- (TCO 1) From a 32-bit Windows CLI, the command used to open a new CLI window is __
- (TCO 1) Which one of the following Windows NET commands will allow other computers to access the C:\Data directory under the share name User Data?
- (TCO 5) What statement is used to indicate the end of a function?
- (TCO 5) What variable scope is preferable?
- (TCO 5) When writing named constant identifiers, it is a common convention to ______.
- (TCO 5) What of the following would most likely be a named constant?
- (TCO 6) The following command opens a text file in VBScript. Set file = fso.OpenTextFile(“C:\Data\CustData.txt”, ?, ??, ???) To open a file for writing, the value of ? must be_
- (TCO 6) Once you have a file selected with file = fso.GetFile(“C:\DataFile.dat”), what command will allow you to access the file attributes?
- (TCO 6) The following command opens a text file in VBScript. Set file = fso.OpenTextFile(“C:\Data\CustData.txt”, ?, ??, ???) To ensure that the file is formatted as ASCII instead of as Unicode, the value of ??? must be _____.
- (TCO 6) The following command opens a text file in VBScript. Set file = fso.OpenTextFile(“C:\Data\CustData.txt”, ?, ??, ???) To open a file for reading, the value of ? must be _____.
- (TCO 7) The general syntax of an SQL select statement is _____.
- (TCO 7) The questions that cause the database software to extract the appropriate records from a table and specify the fields to be viewed are called ____.
- (TCO 7) What is the name for a column that uniquely identifies a record?
- (TCO 7) What is the name for a unique key that is constructed from multiple columns?
Final Exam: Page 3
1.(TCO 1)Write the Windows CLI commands that will clear the screen; turn off command echo and display the current IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway.
- (TCO 1) Write the Windows CLI NET commands that will turn the Spooler service OFF and then ON.
- (TCO 2) Write the VBScript code lines that define a constant TAXRATE that is 25%, a variable base Pay that is $1000, and a variable bonus Pay that is $500. Calculate the net pay, and assign that value to net Pay. Then, calculate the taxes, and assign that value to tax Withheld.
- (TCO 3) Given the variable age, write the VBScript code that will decide whether the age is of a teenager or is not of a teenager. Display the message “The value of age is a Teenager” or “The value of age is NOT a Teenager,” depending on the value of the age.
Final Exam: Page 4
- (TCO 4) Write the VBScript code that initializes all the variables in the num Array(100) to the value numArray(0)=1, numArray(1)=2,&#-123;,numArray(100)=101.
- (TCO 5) Write a VBScript procedure (or subroutine) called Swap(ByRef num1,ByRef num2) that accepts two number variables by reference and exchanges the two values whereby num1 is assigned the original value of num2, and num2 is assigned the original value of num1.
- (TCO 6) Write the VBScript code that defines the Scripting. File System Object and the file C:\Data\DataFile.txt for writing. Make sure that the file will be created if it doesn’t already exist, and ensure that the format is ASCII.
- (TCO 7) Assuming that you are connected to a database called Computers.mdb with the fields Computer, Hostname, Room_Num, CPU_Type, Num_CPUs, Bit_Size, OS_Type, Memory, and HDD_Size, write the SQL Query String sqlStr such that the fields Computer, Hostname, and CPU_Type will be displayed for all the records that indicate that CPU_Type is “AMD” and the Bit_Size is 64. The returned records should be sorted by Hostname.