BSOP 588 Midterm – Version 3 (Taken 2012)
- Page 1
- (TCO A) Contrast the mindset of management under total quality and more traditional management structures with respect to employees, manufacturing, and leadership.
- (TCO B) Explain each of the following statements as they apply to modern quality management. a. Customer service is the rule, not the exception. b. The absence of defects is a given rather than a source of competitive advantage.
- (TCO A) Describe the relationship between quality and personal values.
- (TCO H) Identify and discuss five differences between service and manufacturing organizations.
- (TCO B) Cite two ways that the accounting function can contribute to the achievement of quality.
- (TCO C) Compare and contrast the quality philosophies of Deming and Juran.
- Page 2
- (TCO G) Discuss the concept of best practices and their effect on quality management success.
- (TCO H) Identify and discuss the five key dimensions of service quality. Given an example of a service and describe how a customer may define quality along each of these dimensions.
- (TCO D) The criteria for Performance Excellence for the Malcolm Baldrige award consist of a hierarchical set of categories, items, and areas to address. Which of the following four is NOT one of them?
- (TCO E) According to Kano’s classification of customer requirements, a cup of coffee that is served hot and fresh at a restaurant specializing in breakfasts fits which class of customer requirements?
- (TCO F) Characteristics of effective strategic leadership include all of the following EXCEPT:
- (TCO A) General-purpose financial statements are the product of: