BIS 245 Week 8 Final Exam
1. (TCO 1) To delete the filter shown below
(Points : 5)
click Filter in the Sort & Filter group and select Clear Filter.
click Remove Filter in the Sort & Filter group.
right click on any number in the Quantity column and select Clear filter from Quantity.
right click on any record in the table and select Clear filter from Quantity.
2. (TCO 1) Which object would you use to retrieve customers who live in Germany and the United States? (Points : 5)
3. (TCO 1) To design a report you should do all of the following EXCEPT (Points : 5)
draw a paper design of the report.
identify all sources of data, fields and groups.
nput the data.
select a reporting tool.
4. (TCO 1) All of the following filters work EXCEPT (Points : 5)
filter by selection with an equal condition.
filter by selection with a comparison operator.
filter by selection with an edit operator.
filter by form with a comparison operator.
5. (TCO 1) A Detail line is used to (Points : 5)
print more detailed information on one record only.
provide additional field information on a record.
repeat data for each record in the record source.
All of the above
6. (TCO 2) Which of the following is not a database system? (Points : 5)
7. (TCO 2) A symbol used in ER diagrams for an entity is a (Points : 5)
8. (TCO 3) A property that provides a “user friendly” name to a column in Datasheet View is a (Points : 5)
9. (TCO 3) Summarized data in an easy-to-read view is known as a (Points : 5)
10. (TCO 3) Which of the following is NOT true of indexed property? (Points : 5)
An example of a setting is Yes (No Duplicates).
Indexing a table speeds the retrieval time.
Primary keys must be indexed.
Setting the index requires each record to be scanned sequentially.
11. (TCO 4) When building a calculated field, formulas can be created using the (Points : 5)
Week 8 : Final Exam – Final Exam
1. (TCO 5) To edit a form, use (Points : 5)
layout view or design view.
2. (TCO 5) The following are form creation tools EXCEPT (Points : 5)
3. (TCO 6) Which of the following statements is NOT correct about a query? (Points : 5)
Changing data values in a query will not change data values in a table.
ata is not saved within a query.
Instructions on which data to display are saved within a query.
Instructions on the format to display data are saved within a query.
4. (TCO 6) After running a query, which view will be shown? (Points : 5)
5. (TCO 7) To display data as percentages of a whole, use the following chart. (Points : 5)
6. (TCO 7) Continuous data (Points : 5)
are measured in integer values.
cannot be subdivided into meaningful information.
could be subdivided into smaller and smaller units.
describe classifications or categories.
7. (TCO 8) The Switchboard Manager is an Access utility that is used (Points : 5)
by all database users.
to create and manage the menu items for a switchboard.
o make certain objects unavailable to some users and available to others.
to manage and optimize the database.
8. (TCO 9) A good password should have (Points : 5)
a combination of five letters.
a combination of six to eight letters in uppercase and lowercase, numbers, and symbols.
a word or name that is easy to remember by the user, such as the name of your children.
part of your account name.
9. (TCO 9) All of the following describe a certification authority EXCEPT (Points : 5)
a certification authority company provides a digital signature when a high level of security is needed to protect the contents of a database.
a certification authority is a commercial company that is highly regulated in most countries.
a fee is charged for the service of issuing and validating identities using a digital signature.
certification authority companies establish their own rules and regulations that users must follow.
10. (TCO 10) To examine the efficiency and performance of an Access database, you should (Points : 5)
migrate the database out of Access and into a larger DBMS.
move the database to its own dedicated server.
redesign your database applying 3NF principles.
use the Performance Analyzer and Table Analyzer to optimize the performance of the database.
11. (TCO 4) Which statement below is NOT true of the one-to-many relationships?
(Points : 5)
t is the least used type of relationship.
OrderID is a unique identification number that would be used in the Orders table and Order Details table.
Each record in the Orders table may match one, more than one, or no records in the Order Details table.
Each record in a Orders table matches only one record in the Customers table.
1. (TCO 1) Describe three-tier architecture. Explain the functions performed by each tier. (Points : 40)
2. (TCO 2) Explain the terms entity, relationship, and attributes. Describe how they are used in a database. (Points : 40)
3. (TCO 4) Describe the update problem caused by a de-normalized design. (Points : 40)
4. (TCO 4) Explain 1NF, 2NF, and 3NF as related to database design. (Points : 40)
There are no reviews yet.